< Peter Hughes - Chartered Accountant - Technical advice

Peter Hughes
Chartered Accountant

Technical advice

I offer advice on VAT. Please telephone or send an e-mail (see home page for details) and I will reply as soon as possible.

I will always send you a e-mail confirming my advice, even if I have also spoken to you. For more complex work I will give you an indication of the charges at the outset. I regularly visit clients who require an in-depth review of their VAT procedures.

I have a particular interest in businesses which have international trade in goods and services, those which are involved in property rental and development, and those which are subject to the VAT partial exemption rules. My clients include accountancy practices who do not have VAT specialists on their staff and who regularly seek my advice on complex VAT matters.

Here are some examples of businesses to which I have provided in-depth VAT advice:

I sat on the committee which assisted HMRC in drawing up the guidelines on the new rules concerning admission to events which took effect on 1 January 2011. I am also a member of the VAT and Duties Sub-Committee of the ICAEW Tax Faculty, and I give VAT advice under the Tax Faculty Referral Scheme.